Monday, March 12, 2007

My embarrassing moment was when I was still in middle school in 2nd grade. Everybody laughed at me because i had lots of hair and they call it an Afro. I never put it up or down it was just all over me in my face and in my way. My teacher gave me a hair tie so that my hair wouldn't be in my way when I read aloud to the class. One boy in my class named Jesus never make fun of me, and he was a good friend. We were like brother and sister, talking about our families and the other kids while we bounced a ball back and forth. Many years went by, and now we never talk anymore when I see him on the street in town. He ignores me, and he never talks to me anymore because he has his own family. So, the embarrassing hair is now fixed differently, and not in my face or up in a funny way, but my friend who helped me overcome that childhood embarrassment is not there for me as an adult. I have different things to be embarrassed about now.

No comments: